After you apply online, OneMain Financial must verify the following information on your application:
- Personal Identification
To verify your address and age, you will need to bring either of the following to your local branch:
- One piece of primary identification; or
- Two pieces of secondary identification.
The following are acceptable forms of primary identification:
- Current driver's license
- Current U.S. government issued non-driver identification card
- Valid passport
- Current government issued alien identification (i.e. Visa or Green Card)
- Current armed forces identification card
The following are acceptable forms of secondary identification:
- Current credit or debit card with an embedded photo
- Employment badge/pass with the following:
- Recognized company name
- Applicant's name
- Applicant's photograph
- Current bank statement
- W-2 that includes the applicant's Social Security number
- Birth certificate with a raised or embossed seal
- Current permanent resident card
- Utility bill
This bill MUST:
- be in the applicant's name
- list applicant's current address
To verify your income, you may be required to provide one or more of the following documents.*
- Pay stub dated within 30 days of the application date
- Signed verification of employment letter from the employer
The letter MUST:
- include the income amount.
- be dated within 30 days of the application date.
- Payroll records or schedule of payments made to employee dated within 30 days of the application date
- Military leave and earnings statements dated within 30 days of the application date
- W-2s that meet the following requirements:
- The W-2 displays the same employer as shown on the loan application.
- The loan application date MUST be within 90 days of the due date of the tax return for the year of the W-2.
Pension & Social Security:
- Bank statement dated within 30 days of the application date showing direct deposit of one of the following:
- Social Security income
- Pension or retirement income
- Retirement or Social Security award letter
- The letter MUST be within 18 months of the application date.
- Monthly pension check stub dated within 30 days of the application date
- Copy of the Social Security check dated within 30 days of the application date
- Past two years' tax returns
*Please call your branch to confirm the documents you will need to bring. The documents must be dated within 30 days of the application date, except where noted.