What do I need to apply for a personal loan?
When you come into your local OneMain Financial branch to close your loan, you'll review the terms of your loan and set up the payment option that works best for you. As part of the closing process, you'll need to bring a number of documents so that your loan specialist can verify the personal and income information you provided on your application. Here's what you'll need to close your loan:
One piece of current primary identification is needed to verify your address and age:
- Driver's license
- U.S. government issued non-driver identification card
- Valid passport
- Government issued alien identification (i.e. visa or green card)
- Armed forces identification card
Or two pieces of current secondary identification:
- Credit or debit card with an embedded photo
- Employment badge/pass with company name, applicant name and photo
- Bank statement
- W-2 that includes the applicant's Social Security number
- Birth certificate with a raised or embossed seal
- Permanent resident card
- Utility bill in the applicant's name that lists applicant's address
Bring one or more of the following documents: Wages verification (dated within 30 days of application date)
- Pay stub
- Signed verification of employment and income
- Payroll records or schedule of payments made to employee
- Military leave and earnings statements
- W-2 dated within 90 days of the due date of the tax return for the year of the W-2 and displaying same employer as shown on the loan application
Pensions, Social Security and other income (dated within 30 days of application date)
- Bank statement showing direct deposit of either Social Security, pension or retirement income
- Monthly pension check stub
- Copy of the Social Security check
- Social Security or retirement award letter dated within 18 months of the application date
- Past two years's tax returns
- Voided check(requirement for AutoPay enrollment or to receive your money as direct deposit)
- Auto-related documents, if you're using your vehicle to secure your loan
The documents you need can vary from person to person. To make sure you have all the documents you need, contact your branch to confirm what you should bring to the closing.
How much do you need to reach your goals?
Loan offers are subject to credit approval and other restrictions and requirements may apply. OneMain Financial loan proceeds cannot be used for college, university, or vocational expenses, including tuition, fees, and required equipment and supplies; for any business or commercial purpose; to purchase securities; or for gambling or illegal activities. The actual loan amount and rate you qualify for will depend on your ability to meet our credit criteria including credit history, income and debts.
If you have questions about what you need to qualify for a personal loan, you can get the answers you need online, by phone or at your local branch. We're ready to help!