Frequently Asked Questions – Application Process
You may choose to receive your loan in one of the following ways:
- By direct deposit ‐ Get your funds deposited directly into your checking or savings account.
- In person ‐ Receive a check at the branch during the loan closing.
Start your loan application now and you could receive your funds the same day your loan is approved.
Before you close your loan, OneMain will need you to provide the following documents:
- A copy of a valid, government-issued ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport)
- Proof of residence (e.g. a driver’s license with your current address, a utility bill, or a signed lease)
- Proof of income (e.g. paystubs or tax returns)
We may ask for additional items based upon your unique situation. Ready to apply? Start your loan application now.
Loan decisions are made based on a variety of factors including credit history, income, expenses, and availability and value of collateral (if applicable). Each customer’s loan terms are offered based on these factors and the customer’s ability to repay so that each customer can make a decision based on their unique situation and needs.
Yes. You may be able to receive a larger loan by reapplying with a co-applicant and/or with collateral of sufficient value. Call us today at 1-800-961-5577 to speak with a loan specialist and discuss your options.
If your application was turned down, you will receive a letter by email or physical mail explaining that your loan is declined and instructions for obtaining specific reasons behind the decision.
Examples of accepted collateral include:
All collateral will undergo appraisals to determine whether it is of sufficient value.
Additionally, vehicles used as collateral must be insured against physical damage for the term of the loan.
Active duty military, their spouse and all dependents covered by the Military Lending Act may not pledge any vehicle as collateral.
Please contact your local branch for more information regarding collateral.
Because the collateral is securing your loan, the collateral must be insured in case it needs to be replaced or repaired. The full coverage ensures that the entire value of the collateral is protected.
If you have more questions about this topic, call us today at 1-800-961-5577.
Call us today at 1-800-961-5577 or visit your local OneMain branch and notify the manager of the damage. Your loan expert will explain the next steps dependent upon the type of collateral that was used to secure your loan.
The amount of time to apply for and receive a loan varies based on what time of day you submit your application, the number of documents required in order to approve your application and how long it takes to receive those documents, among other factors.
Average time to complete the application and receive an initial response: Less than 10 minutes. Receiving a final decision will take longer and will depend on the amount of time required to verify your application information.
After you sign your loan documents, you will receive your loan funds:
- By SpeedFunds: Funds are deposited on the loan closing date into the bank account associated with your debit card. Requires a bank-issued debit card.
- By Automated Clearing House (ACH): Funds are deposited into your checking or savings account and are available approximately 1 to 2 business days after the loan closing date.
- By Check: You will receive a check at the branch during the loan closing.
Ready to apply? Start your loan application now.
We need to evaluate your unique situation to determine if you qualify for more money.
Call us today at 1-800-961-5577.
OneMain Financial is aware of an External Advance Fee Scam in which fraudsters are using OneMain Financials’ (OMF) name in their fraudulent loan offers. The scam uses OneMain Financial’s name, logo, and at times branch contact information as part of the scheme. The scammers can exploit the victim’s phone, text and email accounts with wording and/or documents posing as OneMain Financial representatives.
OneMain Financial representatives:
- Do Not request payment of fees upfront and will never ask you to purchase or place money on debit or gift cards (e.g. Google Play cards).
- Do Not ask for your username or password from your Financial Institution.
- Do Not put money in your Financial Institution’s Bank account for you to return the payment to them.
- Do Not use Gmail addresses. Look at the email address. If it ends in gmail.com it is not from OneMain Financial.
If you have been involved in or have been a victim of an External Advance Fee Scam, we recommend that you take these necessary steps to protect your information and prevent potential financial loss:
- Stop all contact with fraudsters. Do not speak to them anymore. Do not give them information or send money, gift cards and/or insurance cards.
- If you have given the scammers your personal Bank information (account, PIN, credit card numbers, etc.) please contact the issuing Financial Institution and advise of what occurred and ask on what action you need to take.
- You should also consider contacting the credit reporting agencies (Experian, Transunion & Equifax) to place an Extended Fraud Alert with your phone number and/or freeze your credit report.
Equifax - 800.525.6285 or www.equifax.com
Experian - 888.397.3742 or www.experian.com
TransUnion - 800.680.7289 or www.transunion.com
You can also contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftc.gov or 877-438-4338 to report this incident. The FTC may ask for the fraudster’s contact information.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Contact us with your questions or concerns