• Elliott Sadler will make his 853rd and final NASCAR national series start as a full-time driver this Saturday.
• With a top-five finish, Sadler will tie his career-best season (2012), claiming 15 top fives in a single season.
• At Homestead-Miami Speedway, the veteran driver has collected two top-five and six top-10 finishes, along with 34 laps led, in 12 NASCAR Xfinity Series starts.
• Sadler’s best finish at the 1.5-mile Florida track is third, coming in 2016 while driving for JR Motorsports.
• The Virginia native will sport a special helmet resembling the yellow and red paint scheme he drove in Late Model competition. The helmet also features career highlights.
Quote from Elliott Sadler:
This weekend is going to be an emotional one for me, with it being my last race as a full-time competitor and I wouldn’t want to be heading to Homestead driving for my last win with anyone else, but Kevin (Meendering, crew chief) and my guys. I owe my last few years of success to all of them, Dale and Kelley. Thank you. And, thank you to all of my fans. My career wouldn’t have been what it is if it wasn’t for them. Let’s go get one more victory.