• After earning the most stage points and overall race points at Texas, Elliott Sadler took over first place in the NASCAR Xfinity Series championship standings. He currently leads by five points over teammate William Byron.
• In 17 NXS starts at Phoenix Raceway, Sadler has one win (2012), five top-five and nine top-10 finishes.
• This season, the Virginia native has finished inside the top 10 in all races held on 1-mile tracks, earning an average finish of 7.0 and a highest finish of fifth (Phoenix).
TRACK: Phoenix Raceway
RACE: Ticket Galaxy 200 (200 laps / 200 miles)
DATE: Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017
Quote from Elliott Sadler: "I couldn’t be more proud of my team and all of the hard work they’ve put into this season. With only one race before Homestead, we’re in a great position leading the points. We still have some work to do to lock ourselves into the Championship 4, but being 29 points above the cutoff gives us some room to be aggressive and race for stage points and ultimately the win. We’ve had some good runs on 1-mile tracks this season and Kevin (Meendering, crew chief) has done a great job at calling the races. It’s going to be fun weekend."
NXS Playoffs Championship 4 Scenarios: With one race remaining until the cutoff for the Championship 4, JRM currently holds the top three spots in the point standings. Below are the respective clinch scenarios for Justin Allgaier, William Byron and Elliott Sadler (via NASCAR Statistical Services):
• Elliott Sadler would clinch on points with 32 points if a playoff driver wins. If a playoff driver doesn’t win, he would clinch on points with 27 points. With a win, he would clinch a next-round spot.
• William Byron would clinch on points with 37 points if a playoff driver wins. If a playoff driver doesn’t win, he would clinch on points with 32 points. With a win, he would clinch a next-round spot.
• Justin Allgaier would clinch on points with 41 points if a playoff driver wins. If a playoff driver doesn’t win, he would clinch on points with 36 points. With a win, he would clinch a next-round spot.