TRACK: Darlington Raceway
RACE: Sport Clips Haircuts VFW 200 (147 laps / 200.8 miles)
DATE: Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
• Elliott Sadler clinched his spot in the NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs following a top-five run at Road America.
• The Virginia native currently has four playoff points to his credit, earned through four stage wins so far this season.
• This weekend, Sadler heads to Darlington Raceway as a past winner (2016). In 14 NXS starts at the historic racetrack, the veteran driver has the one victory, five top- five and six top-10 finishes, and one pole award (1997).
• In both events at Darlington while driving for JR Motorsports, Sadler has paced the field for at least one lap.
• Dating back to 2005, Sadler has completed 97.3 percent of laps run within the top 15.
Quote from Elliott Sadler:
“This is one of my favorite race weekends of the year. Darlington Raceway has always been a special track for me and seeing all of the retro paint schemes always brings back good memories. My Armour Chili team has one goal this weekend – of course, aside from winning – and that’s to earn as many points as we can. This is a track where I have previously won and, as a team, we’ve run well in the past. I know this will be a key track to make up some points, and hopefully put us back in the lead with only a few races left before the playoffs.”
Sadler Fan Appearance:
Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 1 Chevrolet, will be stopping by the T4 Zone Hospitality outside Turn 3 for a fan Q&A session on Friday, Sept. 1 at 11:45 a.m. ET.