Every city, town and neighborhood has a heartbeat. This source of the pride and personality usually resonates from one location -- Main Street.
Made on Main Street is designed to give these areas new life. We partnered with Main Street America to award seven $25,000 impact grants to communities across the country. Each grant will be used to build up the community through new construction, restoration projects and artwork. To help celebrate each transformation, we’re also going to throw a party full of music, food and games for the whole neighborhood.
The first grant winner, Goldsboro, NC, used their funding to create a permanent public mural and six-crosswalk murals. Local artists designed the artwork, and members of the community came together to paint during a day-long celebration.
The six remaining grant winners have amazing plans as well. Here’s a sneak peek:
- Mesa, AZ - Upgrade a popular community center with new equipment and classes
- Brunswick, GA - Beautify downtown area with new planters, bike racks and more
- Charlotte, MI - Transform a vacant lot into a multi-use city park
- Painesville, OH - Create a public green space around a historic local building
- The Dalles, OR - Restore historic neon signs and help the city rebrand itself
- Prosser, WA - Refresh downtown streets with new banner poles, planters and more
At OneMain, lending has always been about making an impact on communities and changing lives. Made on Main Street is another way to deliver on our mission to improve the neighborhoods we serve, and where our team members work and live.
Keep an eye out for more Made on Main Street blogs coming up!
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of OneMain. The information in this article is provided for education and informational purposes only, without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose. The information in this article is not intended to be and does not constitute financial, legal or any other advice. The information in this article is general in nature and is not specific to you the user or anyone else. The author was compensated by OneMain for this post.