Your SCRA Benefits
The purpose of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) is to allow servicemembers to fully dedicate their time and energy to the defense of the United States of America and to protect our brave men and women, and their dependents, while on active duty.
OneMain is committed to ensure that all eligible servicemembers receive Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) benefits. The SCRA provides protection and relief to OneMain customers, including those described below, who enter active military service.
SCRA eligibility is extended to:
- Active duty members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard.
- Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard reservists called up for active duty.
- Commissioned officers of the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration on active service.
- Commissioned officers of the Public Health Service on active service.
- National Guard members who are called to active service for more than 30 consecutive days when authorized by the President or the Secretary of Defense. (Some state laws provide similar benefits for National Guard members called to active duty under state-issued orders.)
Some benefits and protections may also extend to dependents of the active duty servicemember.
If you are serving on active duty, you may be eligible for SCRA benefits concerning your OneMain account.
Eligible OneMain products include, but are not limited to:
- Personal installment loans
- Auto loans
- Mortgage loans
- Home equity lines of credit
To ensure you receive the benefits to which you may be entitled, please submit your request anytime from the date you receive your order to 180 days after discharge from active duty. If you have a mortgage originated or serviced by OneMain, you may request benefits for up to one year after your discharge
Available benefits may include, but are not limited to:
- Repossession protections
- Foreclosure protections
- Judgment protections
- Eviction protections
- Interest Rate caps
Some of the SCRA’s benefits—such as the interest rate cap and protections from non-judicial repossession and foreclosure—are available to servicemembers who entered active duty after the date the loan originated. Other benefits—such as protections against default judgment and protections against eviction—apply to all active duty servicemembers regardless of when the loan originated. Request Benefits
Military Family Support Frequently Asked Questions