- Personal and auto loans from $1,500 to $25,000†
- Quick and easy application
- Over 10 million customers served
What is a personal loan?
A personal loan is one way to take care of the range of expenses life can bring your way - from debt consolidation to vacations to medical costs. A personal loan from OneMain offers fixed rates and fixed payments. The rate you qualify for depends on various factors including credit history, income and other financial obligations. Need more details? Find out how OneMain loans work.
What our customers are saying
The whole loan process was very quick and easy. No hassles at all. I needed money quickly for home repairs that needed to be completed quickly and they were there. *
From the moment I walked in the door I was treated with such hospitality and kindness. I have never had such a great experience getting a loan! It was painless and done very quickly. I would use them again in the future. *
* These customer testimonials reflect individuals’ personal experiences, so you may not have the same results. The testimonials were submitted for Springleaf, which has changed its name to OneMain.
How to apply
$1,500 – $25,000
Loan Amount Range
17.59% – 35.99%
24, 36, 48, 60 Months
Example Payment Schedule:**
|Loan Amount||APR||Term||Monthly Payment|
What our customers are asking about
Personal loans can either be secured or unsecured:
Secured personal loan
A secured loan requires collateral as part of the loan terms. Collateral is a personal asset pledged by the borrower such as a car or other valuable property. The value of the collateral may influence the loan terms offered.
Unsecured personal loan
Unsecured personal loans do not require collateral from the borrower. These loans typically bring a higher risk to the lender, and as a result, the interest rates are traditionally higher than secured loans.
Borrowers should also be aware that without collateral, some lenders may place higher emphasis on credit score and income to approve a loan. Lenders may also request collateral after an application is submitted in order to approve a loan.
To learn more, please read our blog: What's the Difference Between a Secured and Unsecured Loan?
Personal loans are different from credit cards in several ways:
- Personal loans offer a fixed term for repayment, some credit cards do not
- Personal loans offer a fixed interest rate, some credit cards do not
- Personal loans are installment credit, credit cards are revolving credit
To learn more, please read our blog: Personal Loans vs. Credit Cards - A Closer Look
Looking for more information? Check out our FAQs.