Skip to main content

Military Family Support Frequently Asked Questions

Assigning a Power Of Attorney empowers that person to act on your behalf for any legal or financial issues.
OneMain will accept the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Power of Attorney. Other forms of Power of Attorney may also be acceptable. You should contact your Military Legal Service Office for steps to complete this form.

Hours of operations for the Military Family Support Unit are Monday – Friday 0800 to 1700 CST. The contact number is (844) 859-1878. If you would prefer, you can email us at:

OneMain will need your written permission to speak with your spouse or third party unless your account is jointly originated with your spouse or third party or OneMain already has the approved Power Of Attorney on file naming the spouse or third party.

You should submit your request in writing and include the following information:

  • The dates for which the authorization period covers
  • Your OneMain account number
  • A statement authorizing OneMain to release information to your spouse or third party, including their full name and contact information
  • Your request must be signed by you

If your account is with a branch, take this authorization to the office or contact them to obtain the preferred method of delivery.

If your account is centrally serviced, please contact your Customer Service department for the preferred method of delivery.