Frequently Asked Questions – Payments and Fees
There are several ways to make a payment.
Please choose the most convenient option for you:
You have two options to pay online:
- To make a one-time payment: go to the Make a Payment page. Be sure to have your OneMain account number, Social Security Number and a blank check ready.
- To make recurring payments through Direct Pay: Log in to your OneMainFinancial.com accountand complete the steps for enrolling in Direct Pay.
Forms of payment accepted online:
- ACH transfer (from your checking or savings account)
- Debit card* (please note that debit card payment is not available for Direct Pay)
In a branch
Visit any OneMain branch to make a payment.
Forms of payment accepted in a branch:
- Debit card*
- Personal check
- Payroll check
- Government check
- Cashier check
- Traveler’s check
- Third party personal check
- Money order
- Bank draft
- Insurance draft
- ACH (Automatic Clearing House)
You have two options to pay by phone:
- Call Customer Service at 1-800-742-5465.
- Call the OneMain branch that services your loan.
To find the number of the branch that services your loan, refer to your monthly statement. Log in to your OneMainFinancial.com accountto access your monthly statement.
Forms of payment accepted by phone:
- ACH (checking or savings account)
- Debit card*
Send a check made out to OneMain to the PO Box listed on your monthly statement. Log in to your OneMainFinancial.com accountto access your monthly statement.
Preferred forms of payment by mail:
- Personal check
- Cashier check
- Money order
If you would like additional information on payments by mail, please contact your local branch.
By OneMain Mobile App
Download the OneMain Mobile app, available for iOS and Android. Once installed, click "Make a Payment" and follow the instructions provided.
At any Walmart Service Desk
Take your loan account number to a Walmart Service Desk to make a CheckFree payment.**
* Please note there is a fee of $2.95 assessed by our third party payment processor, ACI, for every debit card transaction. This fee is assessed separately from your loan payment and will be shown separately on your debit card statement as "ORCC Payment Convenience Fee."
** Walmart charges a fee of $1.00 - $1.50 for each OneMain loan payment made at a Walmart service desk.
If you miss a payment, please call 1-800-961-5577 to discuss your options with one of our loan specialists.
To request a change to your payment date, please mail a letter or send an email with the change request to your local branch.
To submit a request via email, please contact your local branch to obtain the appropriate email address.
Unfortunately, payment due date changes cannot currently be requested over the phone.
Please be advised due date changes cannot be made:
- Before your first payment is due if it will result in the number to days to the first payment exceeding 45 days
- When an account is delinquent/past due
Please note that OneMain reserves the right refuse any request to change the payment due date, which includes multiple requests and requests on certain types of accounts.
We need to evaluate your unique situation to determine if you qualify for lower monthly payments.
Please contact your local branch for more information.
There are three ways to request a payoff amount for your loan:
- Log in to your OneMainFinancial.com accountand click "Request a Payoff." You will be asked to provide the reason for the payoff and the number at which we can contact you. Within 24 hours of your request, a loan specialist from OneMain will call you to provide you with your payoff information.
- Call us today at 1-800-961-5577. To pay off your loan, you can also call our Customer Service number. A OneMain loan specialist will ask you to provide the reason for the payoff and then provide you with your payoff information.
- Contact your local branchthat services your loan. To pay off your loan, you can also call the phone number of the branch servicing your loan. To find this number, refer to your monthly statement, which you can access after you log in to your OneMainFinancial.com account. A OneMain loan specialist will ask you to provide the reason for the payoff and then provide you with your payoff information.
No. Please refer to your loan documents for more information. If you want to pay off your personal loan early, you can do so any time and OneMain will not charge you a prepayment penalty.
To pay off your loan early, you can:
- Make a one-time payment for the total outstanding balance
- Pay an extra amount when you make your regularly scheduled monthly payment
OneMain will do its best to release its lien on a motor vehicle within 15 days of receipt of the payoff amount. Please note that the release may take longer in certain circumstances.
Direct Pay is a free service that automatically deducts your payment from your checking or savings account each month.
To enroll in Direct Pay, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your OneMainFinancial.com account.
- Click “Enroll in Direct Pay” located on the Account Summary page under the Billing and Payment Settings section.
- Enter the required information in the Enroll for Direct Pay page and click “Continue.”
- Review your selections on the Enrollment Summary page.
- Read the Direct Pay terms and electronically sign the Enrollment Form for Direct Pay.
You will receive an email once your Direct Pay enrollment is complete. Please note it may take up to 24 hours for your enrollment to process in our system.
To cancel Direct Pay, please send written notification to the branch that services your loan.
To find the address for the branch that services your loan, refer to your monthly statement which you can access after you log in to your OneMainFinancial.com account.