Frequently Asked Questions – Payments and Fees
There are several ways to make a payment.
Please choose the most convenient option for you:
You have two options to pay online:
- To make a one-time payment: go to the Make a Payment page. Be sure to have your OneMain account number, Social Security Number and a blank check ready.
- To make recurring payments through Direct Pay: Log in to your OneMainFinancial.com account and complete the steps for enrolling in Direct Pay.
Forms of payment accepted online:
- ACH transfer (from your checking or savings account)
- Debit card (please note that debit card payment is not available for Direct Pay)
In a branch
Visit any OneMain branch to make a payment.
Forms of payment accepted in a branch:
- Debit card
- Personal check
- Payroll check
- Government check
- Cashier check
- Traveler’s check
- Third party personal check
- Money order
- Bank draft
- Insurance draft
- ACH (Automatic Clearing House)
You have three options to make a payment by phone:
- Call Customer Service at 1-800-742-5465 and a representative will help you.
- Call the OneMain branch that services your loan.
To find the number of the branch that services your loan, refer to your monthly statement. Log in to your OneMainFinancial.com account to access your monthly statement.
- Call OneMain’s automated phone system at 1-800-290-7002 and follow the prompts to make a one-time payment.
By using the interactive phone service and providing the last 4 digits of your social security number, you authorize OneMain to electronically debit your bank account and, if necessary, electronically credit your bank account to correct erroneous debits. OneMain reserves the right to terminate or change the terms of the interactive phone service at any time.
Forms of payment accepted by phone:
- ACH (checking or savings account)
- Debit card
Send a check made out to OneMain to the PO Box listed on your monthly statement. Log in to your OneMainFinancial.com account to access your monthly statement.
Preferred forms of payment by mail:
- Personal check
- Cashier check
- Money order
If you would like additional information on payments by mail, please contact your local branch.
By OneMain Mobile App
Download the OneMain Mobile app, available for iOS and Android. Once installed, click "Make a Payment" and follow the instructions provided.
You can pay in cash using the PayNearMe service – FREE of charge – at participating CVS®, 7-Eleven, Casey’s General Store® or Family Dollar locations. Ask your loan specialist for your personalized payment code today.
If you miss a payment, please call 1-800-961-5577 to discuss your options with one of our loan specialists.
To request a change to your payment due date, please call, mail, or email your local branch. Your local branch will review your request to determine if you are eligible.
- You may request one due date change in a 12-month period.
- No more than two due date changes may be processed over the life of a loan.
- Due date may not be advanced more than 15 days.
- Due date may not be changed if the account is 10 or more days past due.
- Due date may not be changed until the first contractual loan payment has been made.
Go to omf.com/branches to find your local branch's contact information.
We need to evaluate your unique situation to determine if you qualify for lower monthly payments.
Please contact your local branch for more information.
There are three ways to request a payoff amount for your loan:
- Log in to your OneMainFinancial.com account and click "Request a Payoff." You will be asked to provide the reason for the payoff and the number at which we can contact you. Within 24 hours of your request, a loan specialist from OneMain will call you to provide you with your payoff information.
- Call us today at 1-800-961-5577. To pay off your loan, you can also call our Customer Service number. A OneMain loan specialist will ask you to provide the reason for the payoff and then provide you with your payoff information.
- Contact your local branch that services your loan. To pay off your loan, you can also call the phone number of the branch servicing your loan. To find this number, refer to your monthly statement, which you can access after you log in to your OneMainFinancial.com account. A OneMain loan specialist will ask you to provide the reason for the payoff and then provide you with your payoff information.
No. Please refer to your loan documents for more information. If you want to pay off your personal loan early, you can do so any time and OneMain will not charge you a prepayment fee.
To pay off your loan early, you can:
- Make a one-time payment for the total outstanding balance
- Pay an extra amount when you make your regularly scheduled monthly payment
OneMain will do its best to release its lien on a motor vehicle within 15 days of receipt of the payoff amount. Please note that the release may take longer in certain circumstances.
Direct Pay is a free service that automatically deducts your payment from your checking or savings account each month.
To enroll in Direct Pay, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your OneMainFinancial.com account.
- Click “Enroll in Direct Pay” located on the Account Summary page under the Billing and Payment Settings section.
- Enter the required information in the Enroll for Direct Pay page and click “Continue.”
- Review your selections on the Enrollment Summary page.
- Read the Direct Pay terms and electronically sign the Enrollment Form for Direct Pay.
You will receive an email once your Direct Pay enrollment is complete. Please note it may take up to 24 hours for your enrollment to process in our system.
Didn't find what your were looking for? Contact us with your questions or concerns