"Site" means and includes any and all websites including (www.onemainfinancial.com) , interactive features, widgets, plug-ins, applications, content, downloads and/or other services maintained by any of the OneMain or OneMain Financial family of companies.
The terms “we,” “us,” “our,” or “OneMain,” as used on this Site, mean and include the OneMain and OneMain Financial family of companies. The terms “you” or “your” mean and include you as an individual person and, if you are an employee or representative of another person or entity, such person or entity.
- Our data collection activities offline or otherwise outside of our Site (unless otherwise stated below); or
- The data practices of third parties that may interact with our Site, such as social media sites and websites where we advertise.
We and our third-party service providers may use a variety of tracking technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain nonpersonal information whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Site. This Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Site, and our systems identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- Your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, and mobile network information);
- The areas within our Site that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences, and the pages, screens, or other displays of information looked at by you;
- Your Device location;
- Your Device characteristics;
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day, date, length of your visit(s), frequency of your visits, and patterns of use among other information;
- Domain name you use to access the Internet and other information obtained from Web page headers (i.e., type of Device and type and version of web browser);
- Internet address from which you linked to the Site; and
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or sent through the Site, including the content of the communication and metadata associated with it.
On the Site, we may ask you to provide us or our service providers with information that identifies you personally (“Personal Information”) such as:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Relationship status
- Home address and telephone number
- E-mail address
- Social security number
- Driver's license number
- Bank account and/or payment card information
- Employment information
- Information about your assets, debts and income
We may collect this information through various forms and in various places on the Site, including if you apply for a loan, through "contact us" forms, or when you otherwise interact with the Site.
Please see our Privacy Notice , which we provide to all our customers, for a comprehensive explanation of how we collect, use and share Personal Information and what your can do to limit the use and sharing of your Personal Information.
How Do We Use Collected Information?
- To process transactions such as your loan application;
- To underwrite your loan;
- To provide you with information such as to send you electronic newsletters or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, including to let you know about new products, services or upcoming events;
- To verify your identity;
- To prevent fraud;
- To create your account;
- To communicate with you about your transactions, such as to provide customer support;
- To offer you products and services;
- To send monthly statements, service and collect amounts you owe;
- To enable you to participate in a variety of the Site’s features such as to enable you to participate in online entry sweepstakes, contests or other promotions;
- To customize your experience on the Site or to serve you with specific content or ads that are relevant to you;
- To improve the Site, our marketing and our Site offerings;
- For internal business purposes;
What about Cookies, Web Beacons and other Tracking Technologies?
OneMain uses tracking technologies, such as Cookies and Web Beacons, on our Site to collect and store Usage Information whenever you visit or interact with the Service. A “Cookie” is a small file containing alphanumeric characters that stores information about the user or records the user’s browsing activity. Cookies are stored on your Device’s hard drive. A “Web Beacon” is an electronic image (1x1 .gif) located within a certain web page that allows the Site to record the simple actions of the user opening the page. Cookies, Web Beacons, and other tracking technologies (e.g., HTML5 and Flash local storage, embedded scripts, and e-tags/cache browsers) may be active on our Site. There may be other tracking technologies now and later devised and used by us in connection with the Site.
OneMain may send one or more tracking technologies to your Device when you visit the Site, or other sites where OneMain ads appear, for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access the Site’s functionality;
- To monitor your experience on the Site;
- To allow us to improve the Site to better serve our customers and other users;
- To improve security on the Site;
- For identity verification and fraud prevention;
- To analyze traffic and transactions on this Site;
- Keeping track of your specified preferences, including in terms of the presentation of content on our Site, and
- To market our products and services, including to deliver content, including content relevant to your interests on our Site and third party services based on how you interact with our content.
In addition to the list above, we may also work with data providers who may collect web log data from you, such as your IP address and information about your browser or operating system. We may place a data provider’s cookie which will be used to recognize your browser and enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information; they may contain or reflect demographic or other interest-based data in a de-identified form. The information in these cookies may be linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, such as your name, postal address or email, which we may share with a data provider in hashed or encrypted form. To opt-out of these data provider cookies, please go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
OneMain also uses depersonalized aggregated Usage Information to assess and maximize the performance of the Site. This depersonalized Usage Information may be provided to other companies to assist us with these objectives, including, but not limited to, third party advertisers, analytics providers, and other service providers. Depersonalized Usage Information does not include any Personal Information that can be used to identify individuals.
Your browser should allow you to manage tracking technologies. However, if your browser’s settings are too restrictive you may not be able to use all of the features of this Site.
How About Interactions with Third-Party Services?
What about Advertising?
OneMain uses the following Google Analytics advertising features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers
Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, which may include Personal Information. For example, on the Site, Google will collect, store, and use this information to create statistical reports about your use of the Site. You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features through their Ads Settings or any other available means. Google Analytics’ currently available opt outs can be found at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout . We are not responsible for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options, including Google’s opt-out.
Further, while we may use a variety of companies to serve advertisements on the website, you may wish to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices , which provides information regarding this practice by Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. Opting out of one or more NAI members only means that those NAI members no longer will be allowed under their own rules to deliver targeted content and/or ads to you, which will affect this and other sites, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, your NAI opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. Additional information is available on the NAI’s website accessible by the above link. You may also be able to opt-out of receiving third-party behavioral ads by visiting the DAA website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices . Similar limitations may apply to the DAA opt-out
We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third-parties’ opt-out options.
How does OneMain share information?
- For any purpose to which you expressly consent;
- To protect or enforce our rights or the rights or safety of others;
- As permitted or required by applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process;
- In association with a merger, acquisition, restructuring, asset transfer, or other operational or corporate changes to our company, including during the course of any due diligence process;
- For joint marketing with other companies;
- To our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To non-affiliates for their marketing purposes; and
Can I confirm that the information OneMain collects is correct or make changes to my information?
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. You may request access to the Personal Information OneMain maintains about you, or you may ask questions or raise issues with the accuracy of your Personal Information, with us by contacting us at the following phone number or postal address: 1-800-742-5465, OneMain, P.O. Box 3662, Evansville, IN 47735-3662. We will promptly investigate your concerns, respond to you and update our records as needed. We request that you keep your information as up to date as possible so that you may get the maximum benefit from OneMain. You can make changes by logging into account management on the Site. In particular, please make sure that you inform us of e-mail address changes since this is the quickest way to communicate. When you edit your Personal Information or change your preferences on the Site, information that you remove may persist internally for our administrative purposes.
What about Email and Text Messaging?
You may cancel or modify our e-mail marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional e-mails. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions and if your opt-out is limited to certain types of e-mails the opt-out will be so limited. If you subscribe to text messages from us, you can terminate a particular text message subscription by reply texting “STOP.” Subsequent or different subscriptions will be unaffected. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Site, such as administrative and service announcements and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
How is information collected on this Site protected?
OneMain endeavors to incorporate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. We maintain Personal Information in secure computer systems and we limit the employees’ access to those with a business reason to see it. More specifically, employees may access information about you when needed to maintain your accounts or otherwise meet your needs. Our employees are trained to understand and comply with OneMain’s security safeguards. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Am I protected when linking from the Site to other sites?
Online Tracking and Do Not Track Disclosures
Third parties that have content embedded on our Site may set Cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific OneMain website from a certain IP address.
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms. We do not allow third parties to collect Personal Information about a user’s online activities, over time and across different sites, services, and applications, when that user uses our site, service or applications.
What About Information I Disclose Publicly or to Others?
User Content and Public Information. The Site may permit you to submit ideas, photographs, video, pictures, data, information about your location, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including Personal Information (collectively, “User Content”). We or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed) and may or may not attribute it to you. Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please think carefully before deciding what information you share, including Personal Information, in connection with your User Content. Please note that we do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Site or what others do with information you share with them on the Site. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any User Content that you disclose or receive from third parties through the Site.
Do We Collect Information about Children?
We are a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information on our Site about children under the age 13 that requires parental notice and consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a child under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to use the Site and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Site.
If we become aware that we have collected personal information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with COPPA and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information without COPPA-required consent, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
What About Transfer of Information to the United States?
Additional Notices In Connection with the OneMain Rewards Program
To the extent we provide you notice through the Program of different or additional privacy policies or practices (e.g., at the point of our collection), those additional terms shall govern such data collection and use.
- Information Collected and Stored As You Access and Use the Program. In addition to any Personal Information (or other information that you choose to submit to us when using the Program), we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Program ("Usage Information"). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your "Device" whenever you visit or interact with the Program. This Usage Information may include:
- your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier"). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Program, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the areas within the Program that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you, the frequency and duration of your use, and your preferences;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including the time of day, and the address of the website from which you entered the Program, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information such as Cookies and Web Beacons (as described above) (collectively, "Tracking Technologies"). There may be other Tracking Technologies now and later devised that are used by us in connection with the Program. We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- Strictly Necessary. We may use Tracking Technologies that we consider are strictly necessary to allow you to use and access the Program, including cookies required to prevent fraudulent activity, improve security or allow you to make use of point redemption functionality.
- Performance Related. We may use Tracking Technologies that are useful in order to assess the performance of the Program, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the activities, content, products or services offered through the Program.
- Functionality Related. We may use Tracking Technologies that are required to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Program, including identifying you when you use the Program or keeping track of your specified preferences, including in terms of the presentation of content on the Program.
- Targeting Related. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests in the Program and third party services based on how you interact with our content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content that has been delivered to you.
We may use your Personal Information, Demographic Information or Usage Information that is collected in connection with the Program:
- to process transactions or provide you with information such as to send you electronic newsletters or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, including to let you know about new products, services or upcoming events;
- to enable you to participate in a variety of the Program’s features such as to enable you to participate in online entry sweepstakes, contests or other point earning activities or promotions and to award points for your completed Program activities;
- to process your joining the Program, including verifying your information is active and valid;
- to improve the Program, marketing endeavors or the Program offerings;
- to customize your experience in the Program or to serve you specific content or ads that are relevant to you;
- to fulfill rewards you earned through the Program;
- to provide customer support;
- to help diagnose problems with the Program;
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Program and, in our discretion, changes to the Program and/or Program’s policies or terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, the Terms of Service;
- to identify your product and Program preferences so that you can be informed of new or additional point earning activities, services and promotions;
- to improve the overall experience with the Program;
- for internal business purposes; and
- Name and Likeness We may also publish your name, voice, likeness and other Personal Information that is part of your User Content, and we may use the content, or any portion of the content, for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional activities. For full terms and conditions regarding User Content you submit to the Program, please review our Terms of Service.
Additional Notices In Connection with OneMain Perks
Copyright © 2017. All right reserved